Greenford is another of our most popular areas for chimney breast and chimney stack removals. One of our clients in Greenford advised us that they purchased a property in Greenford and were going to receive the keys in 2 weeks time. We arranged a site visit with the estate agent in order to best plan the work once the client received the keys.
The client wanted to remove chimney breasts from the front and back rooms on the ground and the property and fit 2 pairs of gallows brackets support in the loft.solution here was to remove the chimney breast from 1 upstairs bedrooms and fit 1 pair of gallows brackets support in the loft. As the clients were living in the property at the time and the bedrooms was being occupied by the clients daugher, the room had to be vacated for 3 days in order for the work to be done. In all, the process included the following steps:
- Arrange for the hire of a single skip which was on the site on the morning of the first day of work.
- We asked the client to move all the furniture out of the room. Not ony did this provide us with the space to work efficently but also meant that the furniture and belongings were better protected from the dust.
- The first thing we do before starting any chimney breast removal work is to protect the walls, floors, hallways, stairs and furniture with dust sheets.
- The next step was remove the chimney breasts from all four rooms taking care to minimise the dirt and dust from escaping to other areas of the house.
- Having removed the chimney breast and cleared all the bricks and dust into the skip, the next step is to support the remaining chimney breasts and chimney stack in the loft with 2 pairs of gallows brackets. Each Branch of the chimney breast in loft needs supporting.
- We then closed the floor areas with joists and boards and the ceilings with timber and plaster boards.
- We then Plastered skims for the back walls and ceiling areas leaving the wall ready to be painted or wall papered. Our customer arranged for decorators to come in and finish after we’d completed our work.
- We then fit matching skirting boards on the wall leaving the wall in a state leaving no evidence of a chimney breast being previously there.
- We had arranged for the building inspector to come and inspect the work on the last day that we were on site. The work was passed and the owner would have a certificate in the post.
We have carried out chimney breast removals in brampton road, Perivale Grange, Glebe Avenue, Bideford Road, Castle Avenue, Greenford Gardens, Rockford Avenue, rugby avenue, Weald Road, Melville Avenue.
Call us on 020 8346 2254 to discuss your requirements or send us an enquiry using our enquiry form. You can also request a free quote using our free quote form.